-
CROISSANTS!! PRICELESS!!! LOL!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
To post an image, go to a website, let's say, keeping with our theme- say we want a picture of Pinocchio, we first go to the page we want that hosts the image:
http://www.miowebitalia.com/desktop/.../pag3/pag3.htm
then click on the photo you need (or right click and goto properties at the bottom of the grey box that appears), you'll see in you URL bar at the top there'll be a JPG URL, in this case:
http://www.miowebitalia.com/desktop/.../pinocchio.JPG
so highlight that URL and goto edit and copy-
then return here and goto reply or new topic or whatever you want to host the image in, go underneath the writing area to where it says HOSTBOARD MARKUP LANGUAGE and you'll see where it says "Image" second to the bottom of the those grey bars with writing in them ("Marquee" is last)-
a small box should pop up and when it does click in it, then hold down CTRL on your keyboard and while holding this down press the letter V button on your keyboard ONCE- the URL you copied should appear in there, and then press enter-
that's it.
If you want to show pics not online you'll have to find free webspace!
[img]smile.gif[/img]
http://www.miowebitalia.com/desktop/.../pinocchio.JPG
-
Ah forget it.
-------------------------
I hate Fotki.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 11, 2005 10:11 AM: Message edited by: jb. ]</font>
-
No jb you don't need to host it to see it, eg.
http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/avatars...m/00122163.jpg
How did I do that? Right clicked on your avatar and selected properties, then highlighted the url, copied it, then clicked on 'IMAGE' when writing this reply and pasted the url into the box that comes up.
You can do this with any pic on the WWW.
You can do it!
-
Much appreciated for the info, Kev- Thanks a bunch [img]smile.gif[/img] Very happy to hear of your success story too. Can you tell us what's next your way?
Jb,
Once you've worked it out, find me a splendid picture of Peter Wyngarde [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
Will this do?
http://www.hermes58.freeserve.co.uk/intro-girls.jpg
-------------------------
Every time I post a piccie I get the little box with an x in it. Maybe it's just my browser?
EDIT EDIT EDIT. YES MOTHER FUCKERS IT WORKED! I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY!
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 11, 2005 08:07 PM: Message edited by: jb. ]</font>
-
That picture really is, splendid! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Congratulations, you have passed the initiation ceremony.
I cannot relate to the X, sorry [img]frown.gif[/img]
-
Can I assume that my membership pin is in the post and that someone will pop round to show me the secret handshake?
------------------------
Hmmmmmm...Masonic.
-
And to collect your Direct Debit details - your first payment is due in 3 working days.